Do I Need a Wrongful Death Attorney?
When someone dies in an accident that is the fault of a third party, it is a wrongful death. The third party can be a driver in a car crash, a building owner responsible for many types of conditions, a creator of a faulty product, or any person responsible for a situation which caused a wrongful death. Here are some common cases in which you may need the services of a wrongful death attorney:
- Auto, motorcycle or boating accident, especially one that is alcohol-related
- Product failure causes a death
- Unsafe facility causes an accident, leading to death
- Medical malpractice
Wrongful death law compensates the family when someone dies in an accident.
What Compensation Is Available For Wrongful Death?
The law compensates those whose loved one died based on several factors:
- Medical and funeral expenses associated with the death
- Lost income, benefits or financial support from the deceased
- Loss of love and care suffered by the survivor
- Punitive damages for the party at fault
A wrongful death attorney can help seek compensation to provide for your family’s security after a loss.
A wrongful death can be a very painful experience that is often financially costly and time-consuming. The family has significant medical expenses, final expenses for the deceased, and a loss of years of income and benefits.
While there is no legal remedy for your family’s pain, the law allows the spouse or children of the deceased to seek monetary compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Let us help you through these steps in your most difficult time. Our compassionate and experienced wrongful death attorneys are here to help. Please contact us today and we will help guide you through the process.